Well apparently I stopped blogging for a month, time flies. Last time I was blogging, I was writing about our trips. For the most part, that was pretty much it! After Pismo Beach, Fernando and I went to Las Vegas (kid-less!). We left the children with his mom. Boy was that tough! Even though the boys drive me crazy, I couldn't stand the idea of leaving them for a few days. Of course I cried, i'm a known cry-baby but that's ok. I will admit that Vegas was fun! But for some reason, it seems more fun now that we're back home then it did in that moment in time. Weird I know. I think it has to do with feeling a little out of place. Usually people go to Vegas to "Party" and have a good time (that usually means getting drunk) and they are single. Fernando and I went as a married couple, to see shows, and just spend some quality time together. We went with different intentions, and that's ok too. I gambled $20 so that was as sinful as i got haha.

This is a picture of us in Vegas. We didn't take very many b/c I kept forgetting my camera in our hotel room...oops.
A few days after Vegas, Fernando went to see the Cowboys at training camp in Oxnard with her sister. I did not want to go so I took the kids to my mom's house. We had some fun, and now my mom started working again so it's going to be more difficult seeing her.
A few days after that, we went to our friend's baby shower. They have been married for about 9 years and are just expecting their first baby boy. We are so happy for them, I'm sure they have been waiting for baby Lukas for a long time.
The next day after that, Fernando and I began work. Our vacation has officially ended and now we are back to seeing each other a few times a week. Hopefully Fernando finds a different shift soon so that we can always have the same days off and spend more time together as a family.
Work has been good, just adjusting to all the new people. In our building alone there are four new employees. Things are changing, hopefully for the better.
Now what I had been wanting to talk about...Joshua's first birthday!!! We celebrated my baby's first birthday on Aug 18. I can't believe he is one. I know mom's always say that about their children but I really really mean it. To me it truly seems like he was just 4 months old. I think this has to do a lot with me working and him going to a baby sitter. I only see my children when I come home which is why I think my time with him as a baby went by super fast. Joshua is walking/running everywhere. He is trying to communicate now. He has his little tantrums and he is simply a big boy now :( I'm not too sure how I feel about that. When Caleb was a baby, we couldn't wait for him to turn 1 b/c we thought we would be able to do more things with him being bigger. But now that Joshua is one it makes me a little sad b/c I know I won't be having a baby in my house anymore. It's a bittersweet moment.
I think people had fun on Joshua's birthday. It was a very hot day though. I'm very happy and blessed to have friends/family that come support us on these special days! I don't know why but I love celebrating my children's birthday (maybe b/c I didn't have many as a child?). It's not about the presents but about celebrating that God has given me another year with them, happy, and healthy. People may not think of this for birthdays but I do. However I don't make a big deal for Fernando's or my birthday Hmmm. My other favorite holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas. Again of course to celebrate my family, my life! I know people should celebrate regardless of a holiday but often times it's difficult to do so with such busy schedules. Everyone has different things/schedules going on in their life so I use the Holiday excuse to celebrate :).
Decor slightly damaged by the wind. It only lasted like 30min before the wind messed it all up.
I couldn't find a matching theme cake at Vallarta so I went with Diego. It's ok, it's related to safari lol.
 |
| My friend 23 weeks pregnant with her first baby girl! |
 |
| Picture with birthday boy before more guest arrive & I have no time. |
 |
| Joshua with cousin Madison. |
 |
| Had to take another picture with birthday hat (may look familiar lol) |
 |
| Looks like birthday boy had a little too much cake... |
 |
| Laura, Myself, Jennifer one of the many retakes. |
 |
| Present time, I don't know how he ended up wearing his brother's shirt. I don't know who gave what but I loved all the gifts. |
 |
| Playing with gifts. |
 |
| Love this hat! |
 |
| Grandpa giving him a "birthday kiss" |
 |
| Caleb was having too much fun, nowhere to be found. Only picture I was able to take of the brothers. I think I need someone to be in charge of taking pictures next time. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Dear Joshua: I know you won't remember your birthday but just know that I love you and I hope you had some fun with all the attention you were getting.
Dear Caleb: Thank you for behaving and helping your brother blow out his birthday candle. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment