So I realized that I had not written anything in here for about 6 months! That is a long time! So many things have happened since then but it would be a challenge to recap everything accurately, and precisely, as such a long time has passed. First, I can begin by saying that there will be a new addition to our family and we are soon to be 4. We are super excited! My due date is August 17, 2011 but we will see what day I actually delivery. At the beginning of this pregnancy, it was a little bit of a roller-coaster as I was at risk of potentially losing my baby. A few days before Christmas, I began spotting and one evening, I actually bled as if I was menstruating. I went to the E.R. but of course, as I knew, there is nothing you can do to prevent a miscarriage, all you can do is wait and see what happens. That day in the E.R. I was about 6 weeks along and the MD performed a vaginal ultrasound on me and Fernando and I were able to see our little baby's heartbeat for the first time! We couldn't hear it, because it was too early into my pregnancy. The image of my new baby's heart beating gave me strength as I knew he was "hanging on." Luckily, after a couple of weeks, the spotting stopped and now (as I am 29 weeks) everything appears to be normal.
As I gave it away a couple of sentences ago, we are having another boy! With this pregnancy, I have been able to enjoy it a little more than I was able to with Caleb because I don't have as much stress from nursing school as I did in the beginning of the program. I am one week away from graduating!!!! These three years in the program have flown by so slowly, yet, it seems like it was just yesterday that I began. I have one more final, graduation (times 2), and taking the NCLEX before I can officially call myself a nurse! Well, I will try to blog my thoughts more frequently but as for now, I have to end this entry. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment