Love

Love

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Abby's 1st bday

Can you believe that Abby turned one!! 😱 My baby has officially entered the toddler stage. As of today (6/11/16) she has 2 bottom teeth, the top teeth just cut through her gums (poor baby!) and she is officially walking!! Abby took her first steps weeks ago but she was being stubborn and didn't want to keep practicing. Instead, she would crawl. However, as of Wednesday (6/8/16) she walked for a longer distance and hasn't stopped practicing! i was finally able to get her on camera! I was waiting for this moment! 

Today is my 1st day of summer vacation and now I have to "train" Abby on certain things. First thing is no more bottle! Today, I gave her milk in her sippy cup only and it seems like it went ok. I also removed her binky throughout the day and only gave it to her for nap time. This is what I call the transition phase. The thing I am having the hardest time with is having her sleep in her crib! She is used to my bed because I would breastfeed her on my bed and let her sleep there. It was so much easier for us. And now that I mentioned breastfeeding I feel a little sad to remember that I no longer breastfeed her. I just finished my last bag of frozen breastmilk this past week :(  Breastfeeding is such a beautiful bond that I didn't get to experience with the boys. By the way, I didn't struggle removing the breast because it happened naturally. Abby was eating more solids, and drinking less so I was already producing less. Furthermore, she was ill for days and wouldn't want to eat (bottle/breast) so when she started to eat again, I only gave her bottle. This was in April sometime (a month before she turned 1). I figured: why re-introduce the breast if I will take it away again in alittle over a month (June when i'm not working).  It was super hard for me and I felt worse that Abby didn't ask for my breast. I think I was sad for a few weeks. 😒😢
Anyway, Abby was under the weather on her bday but we still celebrated with a few friends. 

At SAMs club to buy some ice cream before our guests arrive. 






I'm not sure she liked the cake 






No comments:

Post a Comment