Let's see if I remember exactly how this day went...We woke up in a great mood. First thing Fernando said is "let's go to Fresno!" I did want to go to Fresno but for some reason I replied, "I'm not prepared, you didn't say anything last night so I don't have anything ready." (I replied something like that haha). Soon after I said that, I got up, got ready and our things ready. In my mind we were going to go. His brother had invited us over to BBQ and swim in their swimming pool which they had just fixed. Well, to my surprise, I guess I got Fernando in a poopy mood because he didn't want to go (I think he didn't really mean it when he said we were going). Of course I was very upset because he could have told me to stop packing our stuff. I was also surprised he wasn't telling me to hurry up but I just thought he was being nice. Anyway, I didn't push it any further, I did not insist nor beg for us to go. And then, everything went down hill from that point on because I was in the grouchiest mood ever! All morning and all afternoon I was just being lazy, not in the mood of anything and also, it was a very hot day outside. Fernando put air in the kid's swimming pool and he thought we could have our own swimming pool time? He was trying to make the best of it but I just wasn't buying it? Really? we're ALL supposed to swim in there? So he was outside with the kids and I was inside watching TV. He invited me to go outside with them but I was just too grouchy :(. I hate when I feel that way, it really ruins my day! I don't remember what we ate for lunch (it was something simple and left overs I think). A few hours later Fernando had said let's go eat at the buffet and again I replied "we already ate." Once again, I think the way I answered him made him get in a grouchy mood as well. So, we ended up not going anywhere on 4th of July. I was soooo bored I thought of going for a walk with the kids but It was really hot and Fernando began giving me a hard time that the kids could get heat stroke. "you're a nurse, shouldn't you know that?" Really, is he really gonna go there? First of all, I understand where his point is coming from and second, we cannot get heat stroke from being in the sun just 5 min. We had water, they had shades and I most likely wasn't going to take them. Later I will post some info about heat stroke just to make it clear haha. So, to not get in a fight, I took the kids swimming (in our backyard) and I got in the pool with them, by this time I was feeling less grouchy but all my negative energy had transferred over to Fernando. Now he was inside watching TV and I was outside with the kids. I invited him to go outside with us and he refused...oh my, how the tables had turned lol. Luckily, the day before I had bought a small package of fireworks and all I could do is wait for the night so that I could light them. At last, the time arrived for fireworks. The neighbors started getting their stuff ready even though it wasn't dark outside. One of our neighbors had a table full of fireworks. It made my package look really really small. I thought my package was enough for my kids at this age. Joshua, Caleb and I all sat along the sidewalk in preparation of the show. I told Caleb to "tell daddy if he's gonna watch them with us." Of course Fernando could not resist the invitation from his son and just like that his grouchiness was gone, mine was already gone, and finally we could have a great family time. I feel bad that it took all day to get there but I am so glad and grateful that it did!
My package contained itty bitty fireworks and some regular sized ones. We had to spread them out or else we were going to run out Fast! After a while, the kids in the neighborhood were lighting big fireworks and we had been lighting little ones. Fernando began feeling left out so he used our bigger ones first. Then all he had left was little ones. He didn't want to light the little ones anymore because they sucked compared to the neighbors. I don't know why he was feeling embarrassed, but it was funny. There was a particular small firework the neighbor had. It was like a ball, he lit the firework, then threw it and it rolled on the street. Our little ones had a cardboard stand that kept catching on fire. But then Fernando began throwing them like if it was the cool ball looking ones but they wouldn't roll and they would catch on fire fast. It was hilarious, Fernando was trying to make it seem like we had different types of fireworks but we didn't...it was lame hahaha. Caleb did good, we thought he was going to be afraid but he wasn't. There were a couple of times that he thought about going inside but he got brave and watched them all. Also, he helped Fernando light the fireworks. At first he wouldn't even get near them but by the end of the night he gained some courage. He would light the firework and run as fast as he could away from it before it would pop: it was cute. And Joshua, he wanted to walk towards the fireworks. All he wants to do is walk now! Overall, the ending of our 4th of July was awesome, just like I would have wanted. Unfortunately we had to go through a challenging day but we made it work! Days like these are tough, but I have to remind myself to work through it within myself because I don't want to be a grouchy mom! I love my kids way too much for them to have memories of their mommy being grouchy.
You are an amazing mother. Your kids love you and they always will. I hate grouchy days also, I am glad you were able to end the day on a good note.
ReplyDelete