Love

Love

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Potty training update

I did not post anything yesterday. Hmmm what happened yesterday; it seems so long ago & its only been 24 hrs. I guess i can start with my dental appt. I was under the impression that they were going to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth but it so happens that the receptionist didn't mark me down for that. I guess i will have to schedule that later hahaha. In a way i was glad because i was extremely nervous prior to my appt. After that Caleb & i went to target for a couple of things. He had the biggest tantrum ever! He has never had one of those at the store. I sometimes see kids yelling, throwing themselves as they're having a tantrum & i always thought that must be tough. Caleb was crying loudly, yelled twice, & he was kicking his legs in the shopping cart. The reason why he was so upset was because when i parked, the "cars" movie he was watching turned off. And since he is a cars fanatic, he wanted me to leave him in the car so he can continue watching his movie. I handles his tantrum pretty well (i think). After target we went to pick up joshua from daycare. He was so happy to see me. I love my Joshua so much but since he is such a handful, taking him to daycare allows me to do some things. I still feel bad about it but in order for him to keep a spot i need to take him twice a week. We then went to the drive thru carwash, Caleb loves that! We then got home and continued the potty training! Potty training was still difficult this second day. I was constantly reminding Caleb to go. He doesnt really have a pattern of potty breaks. We had a poopy accident. Luckily it wasnt too messy but what upset me is that i had asked caleb if he needed to go. He always says "no" & i still take him but this time i thought i'll just ask him again in 30 min. Shortly after i asked him, he went. If i would have taken him to the toilet regardless, he would have gone in the toilet & i wouldnt have a mess to clean up. Today, Caleb had his 1st eye exam by the optometrist. Personally i havent had a vision exam & i cant believe Caleb went at age 3. I have now scheduled my appt lol. Caleb does seem to have astigmatism at this time. He was not prescribed glasses yet but optometrist wants to monitor it. If it gets worse, he will definitely need glasses. There is also a chance that it might clear up and go away. As soon as we returned, we continued the potty training. Caleb was out of clean undies so i had to wash a load. He was butt naked for about 1 hour & to my surprise, no accidents. As i was in the laundry room, i heard noises in the bathroom. I went to check & Caleb had gone all by himself! AND he also pooped! He was excited & so was i because this was the 1st time i did not prompt him to use the restroom. He had the urge, so he went. He urinated on his own 3-4 times after that. He had the same DRY undies all afternoon! A couple of times we made his potty time a family event. I took joshua with me to watch caleb. At the end, joshu & i applauded caleb and caleb bowed...it was hilarious! Because he was doing so good, i let him watch his cars movie that he hadnt seen all day. I asked him if he needed to go but he said no. I noticed he crossed his legs & was about to go in his chonies! I recognized that because he was watching his movie, he didnt want to go. I struggled a bit to get him to the restroom & he got a little bit of pee on his chonies. So, now i know, he CANNOT be watching his favorite movie during my training process haha. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

2 comments: